Saturday, October 19, 2019

URGENT COMMUNITY NOTICE

Hubby sent me this.  Seems like there's always scammers out and about to rip people off.




Nowadays, if I happen to be home by myself, and anyone knocks at the door, and especially if a stranger, I refuse to answer the door.  Where we live now, there are hardly any knocks on the door anyway, unless it's UPS or such.  A few years ago, there was a friend who had a door mat that said Go Away.  Thinking perhaps, maybe we should get one of those anyway.  Now, if we are expecting someone like one of friends, then we answer the door, of course.  But solicitors and strangers can GO AWAY for real.  As in, stop bothering us. 

https://amzn.to/2Bq8IRh

Back when I lived in GA, and when I lived in neighborhoods, it was always like Grand Central station at my house.  Mostly it was friends who wanted to drop in unannounced and/or bring their kids for a babysitter.  For the most part, I don't like surprises, but back then a few $$$ of babysitting money always helped out, but the constant influx of people in and out just drove me nuts.  There were solicitors too.

A polite way to say NO SOLICITING
https://amzn.to/2MWLyYc

Want to leave a census form?  Then mail the stupid form, and we'll decide whether we want to or not, which more than likely is NO.  I decline any offers of corporate contracts. I have never filled out one.  Hubby has no memory of filling out one, but is unsure.  Stupid data mining with their twenty questions or more.

So... beware of this scam.  Yet another reason to refuse answering the door.



No comments: