Monday, August 21, 2017

The Daily Messenger: The solar eclipse of the USA

The Daily Messenger: The solar eclipse of the USA: No matter where you are, you are there...


Global Event:  Total Solar Eclipse

Local Type:  Partial Solar Eclipse, in Sandpoint
Begins:  Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 9:14 am
Maximum:  Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 10:28 am 0.90 Magnitude
Ends:  Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 11:47 am
Duration:  2 hours, 33 minutes



https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/in/usa/sandpoint

No matter where you are, you are there...


https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/in/usa/sandpoint

This is the online simulation, but every few moments go outside and point camera up, but have a cap with a bill, so my actual eyes see it.  My camera is "seeing" for me.




Looked at it with my shoddy pinhole projector...




It may not be the actual picture, but this live simulation provided made for good progress of it.












This one was with about 3 minutes remaining.

My sisters back in Georgia sent me this.  They were lucky enough to get some special viewing glasses. We looked EVERYWHERE here, and no one was selling them.


Thanks to my neighbor I just meet!
Pam had these 2 pairs of eclipse glasses!

~ Keli Wade

Okay, the eclipse is officially over in our area now.



No comments: